Frequently asked questions about Aquapel Glass Treatment.
What are the pre requisites?
- Aquapel® Applicator (one or two based on your vehicle size)
- Microfiber Cloth
- Glass Cleaners (only if you are planning to clean the windscreen using the class cleaners)
Should I clean the Windshield/Shutters using a Glass Cleaner liquid?
- Using the Glass Cleanser liquid is Not Mandatory
- The requirement is the window should be completely clean and dry. (If you could clean it using a car wash fluid and dry, it is completely OK)
When/What time should I apply Aquapel®?
- Aquapel® recommend to apply in temperature between 10C - 33C
- DO NOT apply it on direct sunlight
- Do not apply it in excessively humid conditions
How long will Aquapel Glass Treatment last on a vehicle?
Lasts six (6) times longer than other rain repellent glass treatments.
Lasts for 6 months, under normal driving conditions. But customers have shared that Aquapel last more than even 8 months.
How much time does it take to apply?
Applies in minutes to a clean, dry windshield.
How is it different from other rain repellent products?
Fluoropolymer vs. silicon wax-based chemistry.
Chemical bond actually adheres to glass. Lasts at least six times longer, more durable performance.
What cloth or paper you recommend to use after applying the Aquapel?
It is always recommended to use Microfiber towel. You can also reuse the cloth many times.
What happen if Aquapel® Solution dried into the windscreen?
- We strongly recommend that, DO NOT let the solution dried into the windscreen and excess liquid should wipe
off before it dried into the windshield.
- If the solution dried into the windshield it might get shade/cloudy effect on your windshield and it may not
I have ordered Aquapel from Ebay. Is it original?
Most of the well popular and best products are imitated by some vendors and we have noticed lot of fake sellers not only in Ebay but also other online stores like Amazon, aliexpress, etc. But what we can say is, PPG industry with Aquapel company in USA has the manufacturing facility only in USA and they have only a authorized distributor family like Aquapelsrilanka.com. Also I can give you a suggestion like, since this product is not so expensive like other auto products, why would you put your quality windscreen in to danger without buying an original product.
Should I use Microfiber cloth to wipe off the excess fluid?
- We recommend to use a clean microfiber cloth but you can use clean cloth or paper towel also.
How long it will take to Apply & Dry?
- Just few minutes
- When applying to large surface areas treat and dry small area at a time (Ex: Half a windscreen)
Is this Toxic or Harmful?
- Yes, it is Harmful. (Fatal if swallowed. Eye and skin irritant. Harmful if inhaled.)
- This product is combustible.
- Use only with adequate ventilation
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN/PETS.
- FIRST AID: For eye or skin contact, wash thoroughly with water. In case of ingestion, eye/skin irritation or if
breathing is difficult, contact physician immediately.
Where I can find more info?
- You can visit www.aquapelsrilanka.com or our official Facebook page www.facebook.com/AquapelSriLanka
How does it work?
PPG�s proprietary hydrophobic glass treatment adheres to glass, forming a chemical bond. Increases contact angle of water, causing it to bead and easily shed off glass.
Will Aquapel Glass Treatment remain effective after: